Thursday, May 20, 2010

Hiking

Yesterday about half of my family went hiking up at Eugenia Falls. Mom had in mind that we would be taking the nice easy big trail but Mark and Jon decided to go off the trail all together, hike down to the river bed (about a mile from the falls) and then hike up to them. Sounds good eh? the problem was that we had Elliot in the backpack carrier and Aurora was on my shoulders. lol.
about 3/4s of the way mom, dad, Lauren and i turned back becuase it was getting to hard (only because we had the babies) and the other three went on.
Going back was no easy task either though, we had hiked a long way in and with a toddler and a 7 month old it was still pretty hard core climbing up stecp "hills". I used my MIO heart rate watch and kept track. it turned out i burned more than 625 calories. LOL. I either had Aurora on my shoulders or Elliot on my back the whole time though.
All in all it was a pretty good day. we had a good time. :)
sorry for a few sideways pictures

No comments: